- Professor of English for Academic Purposes, English as a Second Language, Business English, and selected other topics
- Mentor to high school students,young learners, and community residents
- Experienced conference presenter and proponent of instructional technology
- Professional interests: CALL (Computer-assisted language learning), conversation analysis, multilingualism, language ecology
SELECTED WORK EXPERIENCE
- August 2017-present: Senior Instructor, INTO University of South Florida, Tampa
- June 2017-present: Webmaster, BART (Bay Area Regional TESOL) - BART website
- August 2016-July 2017: Adjunct Instructor, INTO University of South Florida, Tampa
- August 2015-December 2015: ESL Instructor, NC State University, Raleigh, North Carolina
- March 2015-July 2015: Instructor, INTERLINK Language Centers, University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- 2009-2014: Visiting Professor, Jeju National University, Jeju-do, South Korea
- 2008: English Language Instructor, Wuhan University Summer Intensive English Program, Wuhan University, Hubei Province, People’s Republic of China
- 1999-2008: Account Executive and Software Trainer, MLX, New York, NY
- October 2017: Conversation Analysis for Student-Focused Instruction. Fall 2017 Professional Development Day, INTO USF, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida.
- March 2017: ZING! KABLOOEY! Pop Culture In My Content? Spring 2017 Teacher Development Day, INTO USF, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida.
- October 2016: Happy Media: Balancing Content-Based Instruction and Learner-Centeredness. 2016 Teacher Development Day, INTO USF, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida.
- October 2014: Business English on a Budget. 2014 KOTESOL-KAFLE International Conference, COEX, Seoul, South Korea
- October 2012: 21st Century Listening: Reaching Learners of Multiple Styles Through Technology. The 20th Annual KOTESOL International Conference, Sookmyung Women’s University, Seoul, South Korea
- MA, TESOL, Teachers College, Columbia University, 2009
- TESOL Certificate, The New School, 2004
- BA, French and Music, Dickinson College, 1998
Full CV (PDF)